Summer is just around the corner, which is an exciting but also slightly scary prospect for those of us who may have put on a few pounds over the winter. Let’s face it, it’s fairly easy to gain a little extra weight during the holiday season! Whether you’re looking to lose weight or just tone up for the summer, now’s the time to get started with a weight loss plan so you can hit the beach or the pool with confidence.
If you’re keen to get in shape as quickly as possible but aren’t a huge fan of the gym, there are plenty of other methods and tactics to achieve weight loss. This includes treatments such as CoolSculpting, lifestyle changes, and dietary improvements.
If you’re ready to start your journey towards your ideal beach body but aren’t in the mood to hit the gym yet, read on for our list of 4 different gym-free ways to get your body in shape for the summer:
Make some dietary changes and start eating healthy
It is a well-known fact that healthy eating is the simplest and most effective route to weight loss. Implementing dietary changes such as the below could be just what you need to kick off your summer body plan:
- Eat breakfast every day! As simple and straightforward as this sounds, you’d be surprised to find how many people don’t do this and what a big difference it can make to your weight loss efforts. Eating a high protein and high fiber breakfast will kickstart your metabolism, reduce your hunger levels later, and stop you from reaching for unhealthy snacks in the afternoon.
- Add more protein, vegetables and fruits to your daily diet. Many studies have shown that cutting down on carbs and upping your protein intake can result in weight loss. Keep your main meals protein heavy and try to stick to fruits and vegetables as much as possible for your snacks.
- Try to cut down on late night snacking. You shouldn’t really be eating anything for at least 2 hours before you go to sleep. Try and keep healthy snacks in the house so you can reach for them when you get those hunger pangs you can’t ignore.
- Make sure you stay hydrated through the day. Your brain could confuse mild dehydration for hunger. Prevent this from happening by drinking at least 2 liters of water a day.
- Cut down (or completely cut out) any sugar or calorie filled drinks to aid your weight loss. We’d recommend just sticking to water or green tea as it comes up to summer.
- Keep treats to a minimum at this time. If you’re trying to achieve weight loss without hitting the gym, you’ll need to cut out any sweet indulgences from your daily diet. You’d be surprised just how many calories are packed into some of your favorite treats and snacks, which can take hours upon hours of exercise to burn.
Make some simple lifestyle changes
Our weight loss journey can be aided or hindered by our daily lifestyle choices. Make the following changes and you’ll find yourself moving closer to the summer body you want:
- Get enough sleep – at least eight hours of sleep a night is recommended. Research has shown that not sleeping enough can increase your hunger levels the next day. Try to practice good sleep hygiene by not using any electronic devices at least 30 minutes before you sleep.
- Start to write down what you’re eating on a daily basis. This can aid your weight loss as you will become more mindful about what you’re consuming as you start to track it more closely. Apps like MyFitnessPal are great tools to help you keep food diaries and track your calorie intake.
- Find a weight loss buddy to support you and motivate you as you progress towards your summer body. Having a friend or family member with the same weight loss goals as you makes it a more fun experience and it’s also much more likely that you’ll stick to your plan with someone else to hold you accountable.
Consider non-surgical cosmetic treatments to eliminate body fat
If you’re looking for instant weight loss, some of the non-surgical treatments we offer such as CoolSculpting can have an immediate effect. Approved by the FDA, this treatment literally freezes your body fat away without the need for any invasive surgical treatment. A treatment like this is the quickest way to remove stubborn fat from your body as we head into summer. Keep in mind that it should be done in combination with healthy eating and exercise rather than as a replacement for it. CoolSculpting should be used to enhance your weight loss journey and remove the most stubborn fat on your body, not as the only thing you do for weight loss.
Become much more physically active outside of the gym
Though this list is purely for gym-free methods for weight loss, there are so many physical activities and exercises that you don’t have to enter a gym for. The quickest way to achieve your summer body is to get moving as much as possible, and strength training to build muscle every day. Try incorporating some of the below activities into your daily schedule:
- Check out fitness and exercise content on YouTube and other online platforms. Fitness DVDs are a thing of the past. There are a plethora of exercise videos available for free online. Browse through YouTube to find a fitness vlogger who you find easy to follow and you can work out in the comfort of your own home. There are so many different types and levels of work outs available online, and you should easily be able to find one that suits you.
- Work out without any equipment at all by doing bodyweight exercises. Many people find bodyweight exercises hugely helpful during their weight loss journey. And they’re completely free as you need no special equipment or machines for them. These bodyweight exercises, such as push ups, lunges, squats and crunches, can be done at home to lose weight, build muscle, and tone your way to a summer body.
- If you want access to weights without hitting the gym, there are so many items around your house you can use. Things like tinned food and filled up water bottles can be used for lifting exercises to help you tone. If you’d like to invest in some free weights for your home, you’ll find plenty available online at a relatively low cost. And they’ll be all yours so you won’t have to wait your turn as you would in a crowded gym.
- Go for a run, a hike, or a walk. Cardiovascular exercise doesn’t have to cost a penny, and it can be one of the most significant contributors to weight loss. If you’re not in the mood for a full on run, just increase your daily steps to at least 10,000 a day. Walk everywhere, take the stairs, and park further from your destination if you really need to drive. All these little things will add up to increase your daily steps, burn more calories, and result in eventual weight loss.
Last Updated on April 18, 2018 by Kovak Cosmetic Center