How is Laser Liposuction Better than Traditional Liposuction?
We have all seen the videos on traditional liposuction and many are scared away from it based on the pain and recovery that will incur. With SmartLipo Laser Liposuction, these worries are erased. Your downtime is very minimal with minimal bruising. You can return to work and your regular activities soon after your procedure! Further more, laser liposuction also tightens skin through the heat produced with the laser. Traditional liposuction does not have this heating/tightening feature, that would require additional office visits and fees.
Does Laser Liposuction Require General Anesthesia?
No. One of the best things about laser-assisted liposuction is that it does not require general anesthesia or IV sedation. Dr. Kovak strives to keep is patients very comfortable during the procedure with liquid anesthesia put directly into the area being treated. However, we can arrange for a board certified anesthesiologist to attend you if you prefer.
Is Laser Liposuction Safe?
Yes. Kovak Laser Institute uses the SmartLipo system from Cynosure which has full FDA approval. Smartlipo is the #1 requested cosmetic procedure making Smartlipo the undisputed leader in laser-assisted lipolysis.
• Safe, minimally-invasive procedure
• Treats areas of undesired fat
• Promotes tissue coagulation resulting in tissue tightening
• Less bleeding compared to liposuction alone
Our surgical team has special training and follows every precaution to give you an excellent result.
Can Laser Liposuction Help You?
SmartLipo is for men and women with areas of unwanted fat they want to get rid of quickly — particularly challenging areas that don’t respond to diet and exercise. Dr. Kovak will help you determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure but typically our patients are:
- In good physical health and regularly exercise
- Within about 25 pounds of their ideal weight
- Looking to target localized, stubborn fat deposits
SmartLipo is best for those looking for:
- A minimally-invasive treatment to remove excess fat build-up in a particular area of the body.
- A fat removal treatment that requires limited downtime.
- Permanent removal of the treated fat cells from specific areas of your body.
SmartLipo is not for anyone who is pregnant or breastfeeding, obese, taking anti-coagulants or suffering with certain chronic conditions. Consult Dr. Stanley Kovak for more information.