The Treatment Options for Wrinkles at the Kovak Cosmetic Center in Oakbrook
Wrinkle treatments at the Kovak Cosmetic Center are designed to give you back your confidence and give your face a fresher and more youthful appearance with less evident wrinkles.
It’s often the case that people find that their mind ages at a much slower rate than their body; it’s actually thought that a younger mind could be the sign of a healthy brain. However, feeling younger than your body looks can make you feel out of sync with yourself as all those common signs of aging begin to catch up with you.
One sign of aging that most people associate heavily with getting older is wrinkles. Getting wrinkles on your face and body is a very natural occurrence as the body ages, but for some people, having wrinkles does very little to fill them with confidence about their own appearance or fill them with happiness when they look in the mirror every morning.
While it’s impossible to stop wrinkles forever, they are a condition that can be treated. Everything from drinking more water to cosmetic treatment can help to alleviate the signs of aging and make you feel happier in yourself and your appearance.
At the Kovak Cosmetic Center, we are dedicated to helping people feel better in themselves and be more comfortable in their own bodies. We offer a wonderful range of treatments that can target the signs of aging, including the appearance of wrinkles, to help you get a fresher, more youthful, and smoother facial appearance.
What Are Wrinkles?
The scientific term for wrinkles is rhytide and the definition of wrinkles is a simple one: they are creases, ridges, furrows, and folds that appear on the skin, normally as a person gets older. However, wrinkles can also occur after being in water, and newborn infants have a number of wrinkles as well.
Wrinkles are often referred to as a road map of a person’s life. They show many things about a person’s lifetime, from their common facial expressions (these areas are the most likely to wrinkle first), to their exposure to the sun, and their habits, such as smoking or not drinking enough water.
The first signs of wrinkles can appear in your early twenties, where they will slowly start to develop through your thirties and as you progress through your forties and fifties. As you age, wrinkles will continue to appear, with the creases and folds becoming deeper and more defined.
Aging and Wrinkles
One of the main causes of wrinkles is aging, but that’s a very broad term to describe the complexities of the changes that skin goes through as the body starts to get older. To better understand how the skin changes, you can look at the different components of the skin, like the epidermis, collagen, fibroblast, and dermis.
• Epidermis – The epidermis, is the top layer of the skin, and replenishes around every 60 days, with a new layer being produced. As the body ages, it takes longer for the layer to be produced, and this can lead to the aging signs becoming more prominent.
• Collagen – Collagen is an essential component in youthful, wrinkle-free skin, as it provides the elasticity that allows the skin to retain its smooth appearance. Collagen is produced naturally by the body until around 25 years of age, where the production begins to slowly decline until the results are visible around the mid-thirties. The body will eventually stop producing collagen.
• Fibroblast – Fibroblasts are responsible for making collagen, keeping the skin tight and smooth. As the body ages, the fibroblasts stop being effective and there’s a break down in the connection that fibroblasts have with collagen.
• Dermis – The dermis contains all the elastic fibers and the collagen that keeps the skin looking and feeling young. Over the years, the elasticity of the skin will reduce as fat levels decrease and the elastic fibers and collagen levels reduce.
Skin is the largest organ in the body and is incredibly complicated. However, it’s not just the natural processes of the skin that cause wrinkles to appear.
Other Causes of Wrinkles
Natural aging is only partly responsible for the appearance of wrinkles, there are other factors that contribute to the appearance of wrinkles, and can also determine how quickly wrinkles appear, how many wrinkles a person has, and how prominent the wrinkles are.
Some of the additional causes of wrinkles, include:
• UV Light – Sunlight exposure, and artificial UV light exposure, such as through sunbeds, can increase the rate at which wrinkles are formed, and increase the likelihood of wrinkles developing. This is due to how UV light damages the elastic fibers and collagen in the skin, advancing the natural processes of aging.
• Facial Expressions – Smiling, squinting, and pouting, to name but a few facial expressions, can all eventually lead to wrinkles. This process is very slow, but every time a facial expression is made, there is a groove that is formed under the skin. Reduced levels of collagen will eventually prevent the face springing back as easily when the facial muscles are used.
• Subcutaneous Fat Levels – People who have a large volume of subcutaneous fat are less likely to suffer from wrinkles as prominently as those who have a lower volume of subcutaneous fat.
• Smoking – The facial muscles used when smoking can cause more wrinkles to appear around the mouth, and the act of smoking can also cause wrinkles to appear more quickly as the skin’s blood supply is reduced in people who smoke.
• Hereditary Wrinkles – Some people are genetically more prone to certain types of wrinkling than other people.
• Alcohol – One side-effect of alcohol is that it causes the skin to become dehydrated. When skin is dry, it’s prone to wrinkling. Not drinking enough water can cause a similar result.
While there are a large number of reasons why many people suffer from wrinkles, starting at different times of their lives, there are also a selection of treatment options available. Our cosmetic experts at the Kovak Cosmetic Center are trained and experienced in helping people with wrinkles to improve their appearance and feel happier within themselves.
Treatment Options for Wrinkles at the Kovak Cosmetic Center
As technology has developed and more has been discovered about wrinkles, the treatment options available to help people to reduce wrinkles have expanded. Today, there are an extensive range of treatment options for all types of wrinkles.
At the Kovak Cosmetic Center, we specialize in an exceptional range of cosmetic surgical and non-surgical treatments for wrinkle reduction. Our treatments can help you to achieve a more youthful appearance, turn back the clock on some signs of aging, and enjoy smoother feeling skin.
Here is a selection of our most popular treatments in Illinois, all of which offer many benefits to people who are looking to reduce the signs of aging:
• Botox Treatment
Botox is one of the most well-known cosmetic treatments and is amongst the most common procedures for cosmetic enhancement around the world. The treatment involves injecting Botox into different areas of the face, to reduce the signs of aging. This popular treatment helps by softening wrinkles, tightening skin, and improving the appearance of common grievances of aging, like frown lines. Botox can also shape the jaw, reduce chin dimpling, and lift the eye brow.
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid lift surgery, is a targeted form of cosmetic surgery that helps to reduce wrinkles around the eyelids, giving them a more youthful appearance. There are two types of eyelid lift surgery: lower eyelid surgery and upper eyelid surgery. The results of this type of wrinkle-reducing treatment includes an improved appearance of bags around the eyes and tighter skin.
Rhytidectomy, more commonly know as a facelift, is one of the most effective surgical options for the reduction of wrinkles. Facelifts are often chosen by people who want their face to look more youthful and smoother to the touch. Modern techniques for facelifts can make the procedure almost unnoticeable, except for the natural appearance of smoother and fresher looking skin with less prominent wrinkles.
• Fat Transfers
A facial fat transfer is another surgical option to reduce the prominence of wrinkles and involves transferring fat from one area of the body to the face to smooth out wrinkles and create a plumper, more youthful looking facial appearance. One of the main benefits of this treatment is the natural-looking result, as fat from the body is re-used to create a long-lasting change in facial appearance.
• Sculptra Aesthetic
Sculptra Aesthetic is a non-surgical cosmetic treatment that can target a number of facial wrinkles, such as smile lines, chin creases, and marionette lines. The purpose of the treatment is to address contour deficiencies through an almost painless procedure. During the treatment Sculptra is injected into the dermis, where it then encourages to the skin to increase its collagen production.
Restylane is another non-surgical treatment that can be used to smooth lines and wrinkles in the face and increase the volume of the face for a plumper and more youthful appearance. This special type of dermal filler can slow down the natural signs of aging and help to reduce the depth of facial lines, giving the patient a natural and healthy-looking appearance.
Juvederm is an advanced dermal filler that works quickly and effectively to reverse some of the most common signs of aging. Long-lasting and non-surgical, Juvederm can be used to target wrinkles and lines on the face, improving the appearance of them and creating a result that is natural feeling and looking. This type of filler can be used for whole-face transformations, as it’s incredibly malleable.
• Lip Augmentation
Lip augmentation is both a form of cosmetic surgery and a non-surgical cosmetic treatment that improves the appearance of lips, giving them a fuller appearance that can impact the whole face. While this treatment is targeted at the lips, it can also have an impact on wrinkles, as the lips become plumper and the skin around the lips becomes tighter.
Choosing the Kovak Cosmetic Center for Wrinkle Treatment
Each of the treatments that we provide here at the Kovak Cosmetic Center in Oakbrook, Illinois is a little different, as we strive to offer a treatment for everyone who is looking to improve their appearance and regain the confidence that they once had in the look and feel of their face.
We regularly invest in the latest technology and innovations for effective surgical and non-surgical cosmetic treatments, so our patients always have access to the best and most successful treatments around. Our dedication to excellence, expertise in cosmetic treatments, and range of treatments has made the Kovak Cosmetic Center one of the best destinations in Illinois for outstanding treatments with proven results.
If you’re concerned about wrinkles on your face and want to find the best solution for you to give you back a youthful look, then contact the Kovak Cosmetic Center today, our friendly team are always happy to help.
Interested in discussing this service?
Submit your information below and someone from our office will contact you shortly.